Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world.You can help us to achieve our mission.
Customer Success: Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
Customer Engineers (CEs) are deep technical advisors supporting Enterprise customers to deliver unique value by removing blockers to consumption within their given Solution Area. CEs provide technical support including risk assessments and tuning to operate and optimize a customer’s cloud or on-premise environment. The Customer Engineer provides support delivery services as well as technical readiness through a Customer’s Support contract via dispatch by the account team. Customer Engineer services can be delivered either remotely or on-premises.
If you love to be continuously learning something new, solving complex and challenging problems, and it makes your day when customers and colleagues thank you for your help, this may be THE career opportunity for you!
Active Directory Domain Services (Required)
Deep experience on large and very complex Active Directory infrastructures, including (but not limited) the understanding of the following topics works:
– Kerberos / FSMO Roles / AD database Replication / SYSVOL / Group Policy
– TCP/IP and other protocols including use of troubleshooting tools – scripting, resource kit diagnostic tools and packet sniffers andor NetMon
– Troubleshooting at the expert level within large network environments
– Windows Client/Desktop operating system solutions: All supported versions
High Availability / Virtualization Skills (Required)
Deep experience on large and very complex virtualization and high availability infrastructure, including (but not limited) the understanding of the following topics:
– Failover Clustering;
– Network Load Balance;
– System Center Virtual Machine Manager;
– Multi-vendor cluster and SAN implementation;
Core Platform Skill (Required)
Solid understanding of large enterprise Windows Server infrastructure design and deployment, client/server, networking, and Internet technologies fundamentals;
– Knowledge about protocols like TCP/IP, SMB and HTTP, including use of troubleshooting tools;
– Scripting languages like Powershell (Administrative Tasks);
– Troubleshooting at the expert level within large network environments;
– Windows Client/Desktop operating system solutions: All supported versions;
– Load Balancer concepts.
Cloud Platform Skill (Required)
Experience with Microsoft Azure services such as:
– Virtual Network
– Load Balancer
– Virtual Machine
– Azure AD / Hybrid Identity solutions